Support Our Work
Every day, thanks to your generous support, our lawyers work on behalf of people
- who can't afford health coverage for themselves and their children.
- who are stuck in minimum-wage jobs – when they can get jobs at all – because they have no training and often little schooling.
- who can't go to work because they lack decent child care, have a disability, or can't afford the bus fare to get to work, let alone the means to get out of the way of a devastating natural disaster.
Because of your contributions, we are able to change lives. We cannot do it alone. We must rely on the generosity of those who believe in our work.
- Donate Online. We've partnered with NYCharities.org to facilitate the process.
- Attend our Benefit Awards Dinner
- Make a Legacy Gift
- For a Printable Response Card
Two of our Donors Share Their Thoughts about NCLEJ
I’m a long-time and enthusiastic supporter of NCLEJ. In the 1980s, as a lawyer in private practice, I went to
court to block wrongful government restrictions that would have hamstrung NCLEJ’s work. I did that to protect
NCLEJ's unique ability to use the law to ensure fair legal treatment for low-income people and ensure that both government agencies and private actors meet their legal obligations to NCLEJ's clients. NCLEJ has kept up its good work, and I’ve been a loyal donor since then. I hope you'll join me in supporting a truly high quality and dedicated organization.
— RICHARD COTTON, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND GENERAL COUNSEL, NBCUNIVERSAL
I feel that NCLEJ fills an important gap in our democracy, where those who are in need and marginalized are so
often forgotten. NCLEJ’s commitment both to pursuing social and economic justice today and training and
mentoring the next generation of public interest lawyers will ensure that its legacy continues. I like being connected with NCLEJ's impressive group of supporters from the public interest, corporate, legal, and academic worlds!
— DEAN PENELOPE ANDREWS, ALBANY LAW SCHOOL
Contributions to NCLEJ are fully tax-deductible.
A copy of our latest annual report may be obtained, upon request, from NCLEJ or from the New York State Attorney General's Charities Bureau, Attn: FOIL Officer, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.